[Mailman-Users] script

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 24 01:53:02 CEST 2007

felixtp at webmail.co.za wrote:

>Can someone help, i need a script to check all user accounts last login
>against dormancy period and be able to delete users who haven't updated
>their in 30 days detail then send an email to them.

First of all, you can't do it. Mailman doesn't keep track of a list
member's log-ins to visit archives, roster or options page, so 'last
log-in' information isn't available.

Second, I don't think it would be a good idea. Once I have set my
options appropriately, I may just read the posts that are delivered to
me and not have occasion to ever log in, yet very much desire to
remain on the list.

If you are trying to identify 'dead' addresses, that's what bounce
processing is for.