[Mailman-Users] Server migration problems

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 27 18:21:22 CEST 2007

Aaron Crosman wrote:

>The archives problem persists.  You gave me the right place to look here
>as well.  The archives are all owned by list (group list), but the
>private archives have restricted access that blocks other users from
>getting in:
>ls of /var/lib/mailman/archives:
>drwxrws--- 200 list list 8.0K 2007-04-25 14:26 private
>drwxrwsr-x   2 list list 4.0K 2007-04-25 14:23 public

I think this is OS dependent, but in most cases, permissions on
archives/private need to be 'drwxrws--x'. It is the o+x that is
critical for public archive access.

archives/public/listname is a symlink to archives/private/listname, and
archives/private/listname is world readable, but it still can't be
accessed by others, at least in most *nix flavors, unless
archives/private/ is world searchable.