[Mailman-Users] ? accessing public archives

lists.mailman-users at duinheks.xs4all.nl lists.mailman-users at duinheks.xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 3 20:46:58 CET 2007

Hallo Mark,

Op zondag 25 november 2007 schreef Mark Sapiro aan
lists.mailman-users at duinheks.xs4al:

 >> MS> <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node9.html>.
 >> This link cannot be found :(
 MS> It works for me, but there are mirrors at
 MS> <http://mailman.sf.net/mailman-install/node9.html> and
 MS> <http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/node9.html>

Strange that it doesn't work for me. But never mind, I found the
information I needed.

 MS> Also, since you are apparently installing from source, it is in
 MS> the source directory at admin/www/mailman-install/node9.html.

Because I have problems reading a graphics screen, I tend not to
look at .html files, but print the .ps or .pdf, if available.

 >> But I think I found what you mean :)
 MS> The warning box I refer to talks about the necessity for the web
 MS> server to have search (x) permission on the archives/private
 MS> directory

Right.

 >> server (postfix) was running with group mailman instead of bbs.
 >> But postfix does not belong to group mailman...
 MS> Postfix runs a pipe as the user that owns the aliases file in
 MS> which the pipe is found.

OK, That's nice to know.

Thank you very much for your help.

Groeten,

           Hans.

jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/071030
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)