[Mailman-Users] Not able to receive email from list

Chris Arnold carnold at electrichendrix.com
Tue Dec 4 04:40:10 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> As I told you off line, you don't (or didn't) have a
> data/virtual-mailman file.
I think you must have looked in the wrong dir or something b/c there has
been virtual_mailman and .db file since i first ran genaliases.
> You need to be sure (fx_url) that your list
> is in the lists.mytimewithgod.net domain
I have run this and get the following:
bin/withlist -l -r fix_url mtwg-prayer -u
Importing fix_url...
Running fix_url.fix_url()...
Reset a list's web_page_url attribute to the default setting.

This script is intended to be run as a bin/withlist script, i.e.

% bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname [options]

    -u urlhost
    --urlhost=urlhost
        Look up urlhost in the virtual host table and set the
web_page_url and
        host_name attributes of the list to the values found.  This
        essentially moves the list from one virtual domain to another.

        Without this option, the default web_page_url and host_name
values are
        used.

    -v / --verbose
        Print what the script is doing.

If run standalone, it prints this help text and exits.

option -u requires argument
Unlocking (but not saving) list: mtwg-prayer
Finalizing
>  and that your mm_cfg.py has
>
> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.mytimewithgod.net']

This is also in the mm_cfg.py file
> and then run bin/genaliases to create data/virtual_mailman and
> data/virtual_mailman.db.
Ran genaliases again
> If you've done that and you have the virtual
> mappings for the mtwg-prayer list in data/virtual_mailman,
Here is the contents of virtual_mailman
# STANZA START: mtwg-prayer
# CREATED: Mon Dec  3 21:01:43 2007
mtwg-prayer at lists.mytimewithgod.net              mtwg-prayer