[Mailman-Users] How to stop spam emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 10 06:21:01 CET 2007

Cyndi Norwitz wrote:

>   Yes.  Set up your spam filters under "Privacy options..." then "Spam filters".
>
>There is nothing called spam filters in privacy options.

In the admin interface, there should be four sub-pages under Privacy
options...

    * Subscription rules
    * Sender filters
    * Recipient filters
    * Spam filters

If they aren't all there, then this is something sonic.net has done to
their installation.

>My guess is they are different servers, though the posts may pass through
>the email server at some point.  List mail goes to lists.sonic.net, email
>to sonic.net.

Does list mail (received posts) have any SpamAssassin headers, e.g.
X-Spam-Status:, X-Spam-Flag:, X-Spam-Level:.

If so, you can filter on those with header_filter_rules which is under
Spam filters if you have it, but see my reply (to come) to your
subsequent post.