[Mailman-Users] Auto-Discard Sender Filter

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Dec 13 05:08:50 CET 2007

On 12/12/07, Henry wrote:

>  I've talked to the list admins and they have all claimed that they did
>  not place these e-mail addresses there nor do they know how they got
>  there in the first place. Is there some sort of automatic "feature" in
>  Mailman that would be adding these e-mail addresses without manual
>  intervention? My first inclination after looking through the online
>  documentation and from using Mailman for the last few years was that
>  someone simply added these e-mail addresses manually by mistake and
>  either forgot about it or just didn't care to admit to doing it.

When you first pull up the moderation queue for a mailing list,
anything that is held gives you at least one set of options you can
take (allow, reject, discard, etc...) but if the post came from a
non-member you get an additional set of options you can take
(including putting the sender address on the auto-discard list, the
auto-accept list, etc...).

This is the only other way I know of to "automatically" put addresses
on one of the per-list whitelists or blacklists.