[Mailman-Users] Error: You are not authorized to create new mailinglists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 20 08:31:37 CET 2007

Howard Rifkind wrote:

>I'm trying to set up a listserve and getting the above
>message.  I have root user priviledges but still can't
>define a list for user on my site.

Since you quote a web interface error message, I assume you are trying
to create a list via the web create page.

Are you providing the correct Mailman site password or Mailman list
creator password as set by bin/mmsitepass for the "List creator's
(authentication) password:" at the bottom of the form?

Note that as root or the Mailman user, you can also create a list using
bin/newlist.

Give these commands (newlist, mmsitepass) with the --help option for
more info.