[Mailman-Users] List email domain versus archive / web admin domain.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 23 05:23:26 CET 2007

Alan Gutierrez wrote:

>I tried using mod_proxy, but that meant that the mailman CGI was unable
>to determine the hostname, and therefore, did not provide for listings
>of hosted lists in /mailman/listinfo

I really don't know what you're trying to do, but if you put

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

in mm_cfg.py, you'll see all your lists on the listinfo overview.

>Google recommends this solution:
>
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-January/025330.html
>
>Is this the preferred recipe?

For what? If I knew what you wanted to set up/accomplish, I might be
able to answer.

>Incidentally, the layout of this list...

>mailman-users at python.org
>
>Would be okay. I'm wondering if it doesn't follow the recipe in the link
>above.

No, I don't think it does. I think the python.org lists are just set up
with

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mail.python.org'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'python.org'

DNS has an MX record for python.org which points to mail.python.org and
Mailman, Mailman's MTA and Mailman's web server are all on
mail.python.org.