[Mailman-Users] Confirmation and sent messages not reachingend-user

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 23 16:36:10 CET 2007

Jason Luck wrote:

>> >SMTPHOST...in mm_cfg.py...no info on
>> >     MTA = 'Manual'
>> >     SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
>> >     SMTPPORT = 0               # default from smtplib
>> >     SENDMAIL_CMD = '/usr/lib/sendmail'
>> If the above are actually indented, this is bad. They shouldn't be.
>> Is this from mm_cfg.py or Defaults.py?
>Actually the text listed above on SMTP which was in section 4 of 3.14 FAQ
>is not listed in my mm_cfg.py...not there at all.  Is this a problem?

No. That bit in the FAQ is just a listing of the defaults from
Defaults.py and these should be OK.

>> >6) Locks
>> >
>> >Can't find any locks folder under a mailman directory
>> It's somewhere? Is there a setting for LOCK_DIR in mm_cfg.py?
>There is no setting for LOCK_DIR in the mm_cfg.py.  I perform a locate on
>either LOCK or LOCK_DIR and the only LOCK I can find deal with items in an
>selinux area.

LOCK_DIR is not a directory, it is a Python name set in Defaults.py and
possibly overridden in mm_cfg.py. Thus, you won't find it with locate,
but you might find it with grep.

If this is a RedHat FHS compliant installation, you will probably find
them in /var/locks/, but if you check the setting for LOCK_DIR in
Defaults.py (since it isn't in mm_cfg.py) you should find it. See
for more on RedHat FHS.

>Within the Mailman directory there is a LockFile.py, LockFile.pyc and

This is the Mailman module that deals with locking and locks. It is not
the locks themselves, but locks aren't your problem anyway.