[Mailman-Users] using mailman for newsletter
msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 3 23:08:57 CET 2007
Manlio Perillo wrote:
>What params can be specified with msg_header and footer?
>From the help for msg_header:
Text prepended to the top of every immediately-delivery message. This
text can include Python format strings which are resolved against list
attributes. The list of substitutions allowed are:
* real_name - The "pretty" name of the list; usually the list name
* list_name - The name by which the list is identified in URLs,
where case is significant.
* host_name - The fully qualified domain name that the list server
* web_page_url - The base URL for Mailman. This can be appended
with, e.g. listinfo/%(list_name)s to yield the listinfo page for the
* description - The brief description of the mailing list.
* info - The full description of the mailing list.
* cgiext - The extension added to CGI scripts.
When personalization is enabled for this list, additional substitution
variables are allowed in your headers and footers:
* user_address - The address of the user, coerced to lower case.
* user_delivered_to - The case-preserved address that the user is
* user_password - The user's password.
* user_name - The user's full name.
* user_optionsurl - The url to the user's option page.
The same substitutions apply to msg_footer.
Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
More information about the Mailman-Users