[Mailman-Users] From header

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 17 05:31:17 CET 2007

Josh Baird wrote:

>Hmm..
>
> i18ndesc = str(uheader(mlist, mlist.description, 'From'))
> msg['From'] = formataddr((i18ndesc, mlist.GetListEmail()))
>
>Adding those (changing the 2nd line) seemed to break Mailman.. Nothing is
>getting delivered.  The mails are not going out:

Did you also add the lines:

from email.Utils import formataddr

from Mailman.Logging.Syslog import syslog
from Mailman.Handlers.CookHeaders import uheader

(the syslog line is not required if you didn't add the

        syslog('post', 'post to %s from %s anonymized',
               mlist.internal_name(), msg.get('from'))

lines.)

Did you pay attention to the indentation of the lines you added? They
should be indented the same 8 spaces as the surrounding lines.
Indentation counts in Python.

>Jan 16 23:06:45 boxname postfix/local[3079]: AA36831C4FB:
>to=<list at domain.com>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent (delivered to
>command: /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post list)
>
>Is the last thing I see in the maillog.. maybe I should just try upgrading
>to 2.1.9 by specifying --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman in the configure?

You will find specific error traces in Mailman's error log and probably
the messages have been shunted (placed in Mailman's qfiles/shunt/
queue).

Once you have corrected Cleanse.py, you can restart Mailman again and
run bin/unshunt to reprocess the shunted messages, but first make sure
there are no old, unwanted messages in the shunt/ queue.