[Mailman-Users] performance differences between limited and fullpersonalization

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jan 29 19:35:41 CET 2007

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

>In other words, do I gain anything from changing from full to limited
>personalization? I like when people recieving our newsletters do not have
>to guess the email they were subscribed with but if it should help, I
>would switch from full to limited and place their emails in the email
>footer.

With respect to performance, there is no difference between personalize
Yes and Full. In either case, each subscriber receives an
individualized message (whether or not the messages are in fact
different). The performance hit is in sending a separate message to
each recipient via a separate SMTP transaction. The actual content of
the message and the To: header doesn't matter.