[Mailman-Users] Mailman roadmap

Krystal F. Zipfel zipfel at greenacrestechnology.com
Sat Jul 7 22:23:03 CEST 2007

Hello Barry (and all),

I may have a few more coming from my colleagues regarding this, but I do
have one point I'd like to mention. Not sure if it's ever been given
thought.

Currently, Mailman looks at the list-name as strictly "list-name", instead
of "list-name at domain". Why I bring this up?

I have a set of servers (eight, in fact) running several thousand lists
(about 10,000 of them), all from different people with different domains.
Many of these users often pick the same list name, which we of course make
them pick a new list name. Reason being, having two list names identical
on one server causes delivery problems, file storage, database problems,
log problems, the works.

Is there any consideration made, or is it possible to have Mailman
recognize that "listname at domaina.com" is different than
"listname at domainb.com", and operate as normal based on that?

Just a thought. :-) Glad to see Mailman on the move!
Krystal