[Mailman-Users] admin web interface is not saving changes and asksme to re-enter password

Cornils, Karin k.cornils at cgnet.com
Thu Jul 19 20:23:53 CEST 2007

Thanks Mark, you're right about the cookie.  I had tried different
workstations and IE 6 & 7 browser versions to no effect (even in Accept
All Cookies mode and setting the Mailman site as trusted). But when I
try it on Firefox and Safari, it works - the reauthentication problem
doesn't happen in either of those browsers.  And that's on the same
desktop where the problem happens in IE.  In fact, the same IE browser
works fine against an old version of the list (2.1.5) but fails with
2.1.9.

In the packet trace, you see the Mailman send out the cookie in both the
Firefox and IE versions, but on the return, you see the Cookie sent from
Firefox, but don't see it sent back from IE  (Please let me know if
sending the tcp streams to you offline would be useful). (I don't see
the cookie in IE - apparently the session cookies in IE are cached in
memory).

So it seems that something in the upgrade post-2.1.5 has some issues
with IE, or I'm missing something in the configuration (I've tried both
source and package installations, Apache and Apache2, getting the same
problem).

Since it's not an option for me to ask all the admins to use Firefox,
I'd like to know if anyone has a Debian/Mailman 2.1.9 config working
with the IE browser..

Thanks,
Karin