[Mailman-Users] mailman w/ fedora 7

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 26 04:47:19 CEST 2007

Tamakh wrote:

>I'm having a problem with only external email servers trying to send to my
>list.  I can send email to the listserv  list from the same box, but not
>outside.  I keep getting the following error that I'm guessing either
>sendmail or something else on the box is blocking:
>

>Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
>    test at myurlhere.com <test at listserv.bloomfield.org>
>
>Technical details of permanent failure:
>PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 No such user.

Sendmail does not know how to route external mail to Mailman. This is a
sendmail configuration question.

Presumably you have Mailman aliases installed that enable sendmail to
pipe locally originating mail to Mailman, but somehow, sendmail is not
configured to route the same address in the same way if it comes from
outside.