[Mailman-Users] multiple header_filter_rules?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 1 20:32:43 CEST 2007

David R Bosso wrote:
> --On May 22, 2007 4:53:05 PM -0700 Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>
>> David R Bosso wrote:
>>>
>>> I have 2 rules set up.  For a given test message, Rule 1 does not match,
>>> and Rule 2 does.  If I have Rule 1 set to discard, and Rule 2 set to
>>> Hold,  the message is discarded.  If I make the single change of setting
>>> Rule 2 to  Defer, then the message is accepted.
>>
>> Can you provide the contents of header_filter_rules, ideally from the
>> output of
>>
>> bin/dumpdb lists/<listname>/config.pck
>
> 'header_filter_rules': [   (   '^Return-Path:
> (?!(<dbosso at lsit\\.ucsb\\.edu>))',
>                                   3,
>                                   False),
>                               ('^Subject: test', 7, False)],
>
>> and a copy of
>> the test message that illustrates the problem.
>
> A mail from me (rule 1 does not match), with the subject "test".

Sorry for the long delay in following up. I have tried to duplicate this
and I can't. I have the exact header_filter_rules as above and I send a
message from me (also doesn't match rule 1) with 'Subject: test' and it
is held by rule 2.

I have tested with both the current SpamDetect.py rev 8146 and the 2.1.9
base rev 7750 with the same result. See
<http://mailman.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mailman/branches/Release_2_1-maint/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.py?view=log>
for more including the source of these.