[Mailman-Users] List

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jun 16 19:37:03 CEST 2007

letb24 at aol.com wrote:

>Really new to all this, I know I can search the FAQ, and I did, but was hoping someone wasn't busy this morning and could give me a step by step at how to extract my email list so I can have a hard copy.

If you mean extract a list of members, your search should have led you
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.062.htp>
which should answer this question. If you need more help than that,
please ask a more specific question.

>Lately, I have been getting a lot of bounces and notices have been sent out that their account will be deleted. Any idea why this is happening?

If you set Bounce processing->bounce_notify_owner_on_disable to Yes,
the list owner will receive a notice with a copy of the bounce that
triggers a disable. This should help you determine why posts are
bouncing.

>From about 980 people, almost 120 people don't get the email. I realize some might be from old emails but I know others used to get it with the old way.

Do these almost 120 people have delivery enabled?

Do bounces for these members appear in Mailman's bounce log? Is there
anything in Mailman's smtp-failure log?

Set Bounce processing->bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner to Yes so
you see bounces that aren't recognized as such.

If a member has delivery enabled and the members delivery doesn't
bounce, It is probably being spam filtered somewhere outside of
Mailman.