[Mailman-Users] People are dropping off several of our listservsand we don't know why

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 19 02:59:57 CEST 2007

Joellen Leavelle wrote:

>Hi.  My subject line basically says it all.  We run several listservs
>(both internal and external) and all of a sudden several people just
>stopped receiving the messages we sent.  At first we thought it was a
>problem with our internal e-mail set up, but a few months later other
>people started telling us that they hadn't received any listserv
>messages for 2 months.  Have any of you ever experienced this problem?
>If so, how do you fix it?  I've gone in to look at the subscription list
>and the people who aren't receiving the messages are still on the list.

And is their delivery enabled?

>As a side note, our vendor does not know what the problem is nor does he
>know how to fix it.  I'm posting here in hopes that there is something
>very simple that we are overlooking.

You should have all the notifications on the Bounce processing page set
to Yes.

You or your vendor should check Mailman's 'bounce' log to see if
bounces are being returned.

If the user's delivery is enabled, and they aren't bouncing, the
messages are getting spam filtered or otherwise dropped outside of
Mailman.