[Mailman-Users] lurker behaving strangely

Jenny Hopkins hopkins.jenny at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 20:43:29 CEST 2007

On 20/06/07, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:
> On 6/20/07, Jenny Hopkins wrote:
>
> >  Why would the lurker database think mails are deleted?
>
> This is a problem with lurker and not Mailman.  I've never even heard
> of lurker before, and I've been involved in running mailing lists for
> over a decade, and I've been involved in the Mailman project for
> several years.
>
> I suspect you'll get a lot more help with your problem if you consult
> the documentation for lurker, their FAQ, their mailing lists, etc....

I'm sorry - I presumed lurker was a sort of add-on to mailman, and
thought I saw references to it as I went through the mailman archives.
(Googling for 'lurker' and anything to do with mailing lists or irc
tends to bring up the wrong references :-))

> That said, knowing nothing at all about the particular external
> archiver you're using, it sounds to me like you might have a cron job
> left lying around from before your upgrade and which is pulling up
> the old wrapper script with the old configuration details, and isn't
> working as desired.
>
> At the very least, it wouldn't hurt to check your cron jobs to make
> sure they're all in order.

Thanks, Brad, I'll check this out.
Sorry for mis-post.

Jenny