[Mailman-Users] Making list owner (listname-owner) appear in Return Path

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 21:09:25 CEST 2007

We are doing well in our migration from MJ2 to mailman.

The default of sending emails with the -bounce address doesn't fit
with our needs.  We'd like it to work the way it did with MJ2, where
the listname-owner type of address was in the Return-Path.
Typically we set our list owner to be some administrative email
address which several of us can check for interesting items
or bulk delete after some time.  In other cases, the owner of
some fund raising campaign wants to receive bounce notifications
to see immediately what addresses are not current.

I think my answer is to edit SMTPDirect.py to set the
Sender and Return Path, but I'm not sure what variable
I need to use there.  Is 'mlist.owner[:]' what I'll need?
I'd want the specific list owner, not the site mailman owner.

None of these are publicly subscribe-able lists, so the features
of bounce processing are not valuable to us.

Any suggestions?

--Donald