[Mailman-Users] Slow delivery

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Mar 10 17:35:32 CET 2007

At 5:15 AM -0800 3/9/07, Herman Privyhum wrote:

>  If disabling IDENT is so crucial, as both you and my
>  experience with a triflingly small list seem to argue,
>  it must be important to amend the Mailman-Exim Howto,
>  no?

Well, it's their HowTo, so I don't see that this is something that we
should (or could) be updating ourselves.

That said, it might be a good idea to put a note in our FAQ Wizard
warning people about the risks of IDENT.  This isn't really a Mailman
thing per se, more of an MTA issue, but it is still something that
people running Mailman servers might run into.