[Mailman-Users] Removing illegal character user names

Mike Maughan mike.maughan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:51:03 CET 2007

Hi all,

Through some finger incontinence on my part (trying to do list admin
waaaayyyy too late at night when I should have been in bed asleep) I have
managed to add an illegally-named user whom I now cannot unsubscribe ...

It is also possible I've discovered a bug, in which case the circumstances
were a mass subscribe exercise where (in this case) I forgot to add a space
between the username and the email address, so the input line looked like
this "User"<username at domain.com> and the list added them as this "User"
username at domain.com.

I can see the user name in the list admin console but it will not allow me
to unsubscribe or "no mail" the user.

Can anyone advise, help at all, please?

--
Regards, Mike