[Mailman-Users] Server migration question

Steve Burling srb at umich.edu
Tue Mar 20 02:31:34 CET 2007

--On March 19, 2007 6:19:00 PM -0700 Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Presumably the new installation is a 2.1.x installation, not 2.0.x, so
> you can't just move the queue entries because they're not compatible
> (in 2.1 there is a single .pck file per msg as opposed to the 2.0 .db
> and .msg files). IIRC, the incoming message is plain text in the .msg
> file, so using bin/inject on the new system to inject these into the
> 'in' queue for the list, although tedious, may be easier than anything
> else. (with luck, the list is an addressee so you can get that from
> the .msg without having to get it from the metadata in the associated
> .db).

To which I reply:

It's interesting -- the old installation was a 2.1.4 install, so I don't
know there are both a .db and a .msg file for each message.

At any rate, when I looked just now, there were 150 pairs of .db and .msg
files, and all but one had been flagged as SPAM, so I used bin/inject with
the one .msg file, and sh*t-canned the rest of the files.

Thanks for the confirmation that that was what I needed to do.

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb at umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779