[Mailman-Users] how long does a installation take normally?

Lex Thoonen Lex at peng.nl
Fri Mar 23 20:58:06 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm renting a linux box, fedora with the Apache/2.0.53. (as a
dedicated server.)

NOW; I looked at installing mailman myself, but rather soon figured I'm
not linux experienced enough to do this. So I asked the tech people at
fasthots.co.uk to take a look. They've been busy for a few days,
working now and then I guess, and just now I received this e-mail from them:

---------------

I've now (with the assistance of my colleagues here) spent
considerably longer than the allocated 30 minutes trying to get this
setup for you, without success. Realistically we are not going to be
able to finish this without incurring additional PES fees, which may
add up to a few hours - please let us know whether you wish us to
carry on with this.

Now, I would just like to know if this sounds kind of normal to you,
experienced people. "a few hours" is quite a bit of money, hence
my question.

p.s. the server is a 'out of the box' story, hardly any modification
(if at all).

Thanks a lot,

--
Lex Thoonen