[Mailman-Users] Spam of sorts

Dave Foran dave at hamnet.org
Tue Mar 27 15:54:10 CEST 2007

Quoting Dave Foran (dave at hamnet.org):
> The lists that are getting the bogus messages have new domain names,
> but spammers are sending spam to the lists using the old domain. And
> hence failing.
>
> The list name that I am tinkering with is rrdiana at railnet.org, but it
> used to be rrdiana at nshore.org,  railnet.org and nshore.org are now
> virtual hosted on my system.

When I moved my lists from my home machine (xcski.com) to a virtual private
server (list.xcski.com), I used postfix's "/etc/postfix/relocated"
>Hmm Wonder if an option like this is available in sendmail..

to cause requests for the old list names to bounce with a message giving the
new list names.  Spammers never read those bounce messages, but real people
might.  You could use that to make sure if people are requesting the old
list address that they get told of the new list address.
> The users have the correct domain names, Tis the spammers still using the
old name

Or if you just want the list to be available at both locations, I imagine
you could just make your own entries in the aliases file (the main one, not
the one mailman manages) for the old location.
> Something tinker with..

Dave

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/ "The ideals we
uphold during a crisis define who we are." - Bruce Scheier