[Mailman-Users] Unable to Find Bogus User

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed May 2 06:09:39 CEST 2007

On 5/1/07, McNutt Jr, William R wrote:

>  Fair enough.  It's not an e-mail address, there's no reason why the
>  server SHOULD be able to deliver it.  But I can't find the bad entry.
>  Find_member for 'dawn,' 'dawn Norris,' and 'University of Maine' are all
>  coming back with nothing found. How do I locate this incorrect entry?

Good question.  If find_member isn't finding it, that tells me that
there's some other illegal characters in the address that aren't
visible, or that maybe the address is something totally different
inside your system and that the broken aliasing is happening
somewhere else.

Other than doing a "dumpdb" of all the lists and doing some visual
searching, I'm not sure that I've got an easy answer for you.