[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Qmail/Vpopmail

Simon Schuh simon_schuh at ntm.org.pg
Wed May 2 10:45:53 CEST 2007

Hi Brad,

>>  I'm using ServerAdmin24, it's developed by the German ISP Strato.
>
> In which case, you need to ask your questions of them.
>
> If you didn't install the software yourself, then you need to ask the
> people who did.

I didn't install it. It was a ready-to-run server. But why should I ask
them how to configure Mailman?
Sorry, I don't understand that connection.

> All I know is that we have some documentation on integrating Mailman
> with qmail, including the page at
> <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/qmail-issues.html>, but there may
> be others.
>
> However, if you didn't install Mailman yourself, then there may have
> been some things that were not done, or perhaps were done differently,
> and you need to talk to the people who installed it for you.

Nobody installed Mailman. This is what I'm trying right now. (Like I
wrote before)
I followed the official Mailman documentation as far as I could and I
read the site about qmail, which you mentioned, several times.
But not everybody has the same intelligence and knowledge, at least I
couldn't get Mailman to work.
I read some other websites, too. If you want to know, here are a few:
http://www.flounder.net/qmail/qmail-howto.html
http://www.hesketh.com/publications/mailman_made_easy.html
http://www.inter7.com/?page=vpopmail
http://www.kroon.co.za/howto.php?howto=qmail_mailman
http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html
http://nav.bandersnatch.org/clues/qmail-vpopmail-mailman.html
And I also read in the achieves of different Mailingslists. In
Mailman-Users I actually found some entries concerning my problem.
But my Mailman still doesn't work, so I thought I want to try to ask you
guys and there are actually people you tried to help me.
But if you think, I'm wrong here, tell me and I will not bother you any
more.

Simon Schuh