[Mailman-Users] Problems, virtual-mailman not created

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun May 6 07:12:48 CEST 2007

Beech Rintoul wrote:

>I just installed Mailman for the first time and virtual-mailman is not
>being created. I'm using postfix and have the following in mm_cf.py:
>
>MTA = 'Postfix'
>POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/local/sbin/postalias'
>POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/local/sbin/postmap'
>POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['domain1.org', 'domain2.com']
>
>Running "genaliases" created the aliases db, but there is no
>virtual_mailman or db.

With the above settings, virtual-mailman* will not be created until
there is at least one list in domain1.org or domain2.org

>The virtual domains work and receive mail. What do I do next? Trying
>to create a new list in those domains resulted in not found errors.

You also need

add_virtualhost('webdomain1.org', 'domain1.org')
add_virtualhost('webdomain2.org', 'domain2.org')

in order to create lists in those domains. If one of these sets is
DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST from Defaults.py, then you
don't need to repeat it. OTOH, if the Defaults.py settings for
DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are not correct, then in
mm_cfg.py you need

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.example.com'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'example.com'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

followed by add_virtualhost() for the remaining hosts. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.062.htp>.