[Mailman-Users] Subject Lines Wrapped After Commas, (LikeThis?)

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue May 22 03:58:32 CEST 2007

On 5/21/07, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>  I would argue that Eudora is much more at fault here for not unfolding
>  the subject before presenting it in its TOC.

I use Eudora myself.  I don't see any such problems.

>  If Eudora would unfold the header before putting as much as fits into
>  the subject field of its TOC, this wouldn't be an issue. From my point
>  of view, you're asking that Mailman, which is already standards
>  compliant, alter its behavior to compensate for a non-compliant MUA.

Eudora won't un-fold a subject line that has already been folded,
regardless of how wide you make your window.  That's a Eudora
problem, and there's nothing that anyone anywhere else in the
Universe can do to fix it.

Eudora is going away.  Qualcomm has decided to kill it.  They're
supposedly working on importing most of the most important features
into Thunderbird, but that project is apparently a very long way away
from fruition.  I'm going to have to find a new MUA pretty soon, and
it most likely won't be Thunderbird, and it certainly won't be
Thundora.  Pretty much all other Eudora users are in that same boat.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0