[Mailman-Users] Subject Lines Wrapped After Commas, (LikeThis?)

John W. Baxter jwblist3 at olympus.net
Wed May 23 19:26:38 CEST 2007

On 5/21/07 4:54 PM, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> I would argue that Eudora is much more at fault here

Eudora was also the primary source of resistance to the List-* headers, with
its interesting habit of displaying all headers except those in its list of
"boring" headers.  Manipulating that list, in the time frame in which the
List-* headers appeared, was not easy for the users on any platform (less
hard on Mac than on Windows).

On the screen size I had at the time they appeared, the List-* headers
caused me to have to scroll to see the useful part of any mailing list
message longer than a couple of lines.

(My usage of Eudora is down to sending test messages and sending some
template-based messages.  And searching messages older than a half decade or
so.)

  --John