[Mailman-Users] Defaults.py file - pipeline changes

Jewel Makda jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Mon Nov 5 17:25:39 CET 2007

My list owners were getting hit pretty hard with spam, almost 4,000 just
over a weekend.  I did the following which has blocked most if not all
of the spam going to listowners.  What I did was the following:
I edited the Defaults.py file to have the -owner messages go through the
same pipeline as the normal messages delivered to list members.  I know
that one downside to this change is if someone wanted to subscribe to a
list and sent an email to listname-owner at domain.com, the request it
would fail to be delivered. Most people contact our list owners directly
through someone they know or with their work email.  Since I made this
change I have not seen any disturbances or problems, everything is
running smoothly.  I am posting this email to see if there are
ramifications to this change other than the one I mentioned.

Here is the change I made to the Defaults.py file:
OWNER_PIPELINE = [
'SpamDetect',
'Approve',
'Replybot',
'Moderate',
'Hold',
MimeDel',
'Scrubber',
'Emergency',
'Tagger',
'CalRecipe',
'AviodDuplicates',
'Clense',
'Cookheaders',
'OwnerRecipe',
'ToOutgoing'
]

I know I don't need all of the above but I wanted to duplicate how
messages were handled when people send directly to the list.

--
Jewel