[Mailman-Users] HTML Email Newsletter Problem on 2.1.9

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Nov 11 00:20:39 CET 2007

Tom Noise wrote:

>Thanks again. The problem was a simple text footer that I added. I took it
>out and now it seems to be working. Why would that be though? In earlier
>versions I had left the default footer in without trying to customize it and
>it never affected anything.

If by earlier versions you mean 2.0.x, the way footers are added
changed significantly in 2.1. See
for more on this.

However, the addition of the list footer should just cause your
original text/html message to become a multipart/mixed message
containing the original message as a text/html subpart followed by a
text/plain subpart containing the footer. If this is enough to cause
your MUA to not render the HTML properly, I'd say you need to try a
different MUA.

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list