[Mailman-Users] Incorrect link on empty archive page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 14 16:47:08 CET 2007

Mark Dale wrote:

>On the Archives page, when the archives are empty, Mailman displays the
>following message (which is correct).
>
>"No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the archives are
>currently empty. You can get <more information about this list>."
>

>However, there is an error with the "more info" link -  a slash is
>missing between "mailman" and "listinfo" in the link, and of course I
>get  a "Not found" reply.

My best guess is that at the time this specific list was created,
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py was missing a trailing slash. E.g.,

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman'

This caused the list to be created with web_page_url missing the slash
which in turn caused the problem with the archive page.

If the links in this list's admin interface are correct, the
web_page_url is now correct, (corrected by running fix_url or ?), but
this page in the archive will continue to have the error until it is
replaced when a message is archived. If you don't want to wait for
that, the easiest fix it to manually edit the
archives/private/<listname>/index.html file.