[Mailman-Users] Bounce handling for invalid owner adresses

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Nov 22 14:01:15 CET 2007

Hi,

we're using Mailman 2.1.9 for about 800 lists and or the most part we're
very happy with it. However, with such a number of lists it's hard to keep
track of lists that might not be used anymore. Sometimes we have lists with
no subscribers, but more often we find that owner's addresses don't exist
anymore. Currently Mailman just ignore bounces from owner addresses. I
would like to see bounce handling foor those addresses similar to the
existing regular bounce handling. One idea would be to send an alert to the
mailman list if a specified number of bounces has accumulated for an owner
address.

Is something like that in the pipeline? Or is thsi situation too rare to
merit the effort? How do other sites handle this situation?

Thanks, Sebastian
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK