[Mailman-Users] include_list_post_headers

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Oct 5 20:19:29 CEST 2007

Steve Campbell writes:

 > I will do my best to train the users, but for now, I have just added a
 > note in the footer to avoid the "Reply to All". Of course, no one read
 > footers, but what the heck.

Note that Mailman also allows headers, which people will notice.  Of
course you don't want that for very long, so after a couple of posts
(or a week if you post very frequently), you could move the note to
the footer.

Unfortunately, reply to all is a very hard habit to break, because it
works well for the user, and although a pretty good default algorithm
is known, almost no MUAs implement it, so the users don't have an
alternative to reply-to-all that is effective in selecting the
addressees they want when they reply.