[Mailman-Users] Moderator password not working?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Oct 22 19:39:25 CEST 2007

Dan Mashal wrote:

>I created a new list using the newlist command. For some reason I had to
>run fix_url after creating the list.

In Mailman 2.1.1 (why so old?) if you just specify list_name to
bin/newlist, the list will be created in the
DEFAULT_URL_HOST/DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST domains. if you want these to be
different you have to create list_name at url_host, specifying the web
domain, not the email domain as url_host.

>Right now it seems that the
>moderator password does not work for this list (I know im using the
>right one).

Do you mean the moderator password or the list admin password?

>Any ideas why this might happen? We are using Mailman version 2.1.1. Is
>there some flag you need to set for moderators to login?

No, but the moderator password can't log in to the admin interface,
only to the admindb interface. Only the list admin or site admin
password can be used to log in to the admin interface.