[Mailman-Users] qrunner error

Myron Kowalski myron at cs.moravian.edu
Fri Oct 26 13:58:41 CEST 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 5:54 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Myron Kowalski wrote:
>
>> I noticed that messages were not going out to my mailing lists. When
>> I restarted mailman, this comes up. Any mail sent to the list is
>> being archived,
>> but is not going to the members.
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
>>     main()
>>   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
>>     qrunner.run()
>>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 65, in run
>>     filecnt = self._oneloop()
>>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 93, in _oneloop
>>     msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
>>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 156, in
>> dequeue
>>     data = self._ext_read(dbfile)
>>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 262, in
>> _ext_read
>>     dict = marshal.load(fp)
>> ValueError: bad marshal data
>>
>> I'm running mailman 2.1.9 and python 2.3.4.
>

> Something is wrong here because the line numbers in Switchboard.py
> look
> like Mailman 2.1.4, and that was the last version of Switchboard.py
> that had those statements in it anywhere.

I was wrong on the version. I downloaded 2.19 but didn't install it
yet, so I am
running 2.1.4.

> Presumably, this is OutgoingRunner encountering the problem, because
> IncomingRunner and ArchRunner both have to work for messages to be
> archived.
>
> The problem may be as simple as some spurious file in qfiles/out
> with a
> .db extension. If there are .pck files in qfiles/out, and one .db
> file, try moving the .db file aside.

I pretty ignorant as to what qfiles/out is all about. I checked and
there are 1782 .pck files
and 1781 .db files. I assume these are messages that have accumlated
and can't be delivered
and one of them is causing the problem. How do I find the one?