[Mailman-Users] qrunner error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 25 23:54:11 CEST 2007

Myron Kowalski wrote:

>I noticed that messages were not going out to my mailing lists. When
>I restarted mailman, this comes up. Any mail sent to the list is
>being archived,
>but is not going to the members.
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
>     qrunner.run()
>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 65, in run
>     filecnt = self._oneloop()
>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 93, in _oneloop
>     msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 156, in
>dequeue
>     data = self._ext_read(dbfile)
>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 262, in
>_ext_read
>     dict = marshal.load(fp)
>ValueError: bad marshal data
>
>I'm running mailman 2.1.9 and python 2.3.4.

Something is wrong here because the line numbers in Switchboard.py look
like Mailman 2.1.4, and that was the last version of Switchboard.py
that had those statements in it anywhere.

Presumably, this is OutgoingRunner encountering the problem, because
IncomingRunner and ArchRunner both have to work for messages to be
archived.

The problem may be as simple as some spurious file in qfiles/out with a
.db extension. If there are .pck files in qfiles/out, and one .db
file, try moving the .db file aside.