[Mailman-Users] Mailman autoresponder sends email from -bounces address?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 01:27:33 CEST 2008

several people in HR. In other words, we use resumes like a sendmail
alias.

We recently added an auto-reply that says "thanks for submitting your
resume'". The auto-reply comes from "resumes-bounces at foo.com", which
seems incorrect. I can see setting "Errors-To:" to this address and
maybe even the envelope sender, but not the "From:" line.

The problem: when someone replies (perhaps w/ more followup
information), the reply goes to resumes-bounces at foo.com, which isn't
helpful.

Is this intentional? Can it be changed? We've played around w/
redirecting where resumes-bounces goes, but that doesn't seem like the
correct solution here.