[Mailman-Users] Control of newsgroup posters

David Beaumont david at johmar.com
Mon Apr 7 01:57:17 CEST 2008

Thanks but we have the newsgroup because some members, albeit a few, prefer
a newsgroup interface.  They would definitely not want to use the newsgroup
to read and then have to use email to post.

I am experimenting with the mailman option 'List of non-member addresses
whose postings will be immediately held for moderation' and adding
'*@pegasus.annex.net'  which is what shows in the headers of the gated
newsgroup posts (with * being a random number).  Am I wasting my time
looking into that?  If not do I have the * right - I don't understand the
mailman help line  "start the line with a ^ character to designate a regular
expression match", can someone give examples of that usage to obtain the
wildcard function?

Thanks

David