[Mailman-Users] Control of newsgroup posters

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 7 01:36:46 CEST 2008

David Beaumont wrote:

>Is there a simple way to control newsgroup posters?  We interface our
>mailman list to a newsgroup.  We find that not only do people who post via
>the newsgroup NOT have to subscribe to our email list, we also cannot hold
>their posts for moderation.  We would like the opposite of both of these.

That's not the way it works. The assumption is if you are gating from
news that you want all the posts from the news group.

It you only want posts on the list from list members and want them
moderated by the list, don't gate to the list from the news group,
just gate from the list to the news group and have list members post
to the list and not the news group.