[Mailman-Users] syncing recipients from an sql database / managing bounces

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:26:40 CEST 2008

Hello,

We have an sql database of users who we would like to contact from
time to time. So far we have been doing it outside of mailman realm. I
would like to sync the sql user database to a mailing list and then
send them a newsletter. The primary reason for this is that manual
bounce management is quite a tedious process.

Is there a way to sync the database in such a way as to only update
records rather than delete all users from mailman and import them from
scratch? And what if a given record has been deleted in the sql
database? Will it also be deleted from mailman user database upon
importing/syncing?

Many thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot