[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.10 has been released

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 22 17:44:03 CEST 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:
>Going back to Jun 12 23:48:51 2007, it looks like we've had a total
>of about 378,989 unparseable messages, although we only have just
>over 8000 messages in the mailman/qfiles/shunt and
>mailman/qfiles/shunt.old directories (7759 .psv files, and 312 .pck

There are two reasons why you've had 378,989 unparseable messages, but
only have 7759 .psv files.

First, some of the unparseable .bak files that 2.1.9 left behind in
qfiles/in may have been removed or moved aside.

Second, whenever Mailman was restarted, any qfiles/in/*.bak files would
have been reprocessed resulting in a flood of unparseable message
errors and leaving just one new .bak file per message. Thus a single
message and .bak file could have been responsible for several logged
unparseable message errors if Mailman had been restarted several times.