[Mailman-Users] Turning off digests

Zbigniew Szalbot z.szalbot at lc-words.com
Sat Apr 26 18:05:12 CEST 2008

Hello,

Mark Sapiro pisze:

> Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
>>
>>I have a question about digests. I do not need them for the types of
>>mailing lists we use, so I was glad to see an option to switch them off.
>>I set
>>DEFAULT_DIGESTABLE = No
>>in mm_cfg.py and then restarted mailman. However, it has no effect on
>>existing lists. Is that so that the setting is effective only for lists
>>created from now on (and not on the existing ones)?
>

> That is correct.
>
> The setting for existing lists is 'digestable' on the Digest options
> page.
>
> If you want to set digestable to No for all existing lists, you could
> run something like
>

> #! /bin/bash
> cd /path/to/mailman
> temp=`mktemp`
> echo digestable = 0 > $temp
> for list in `bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
> bin/config_list -i $temp $list
> echo --- digest members in $list ---
> bin/list_members --digest
> done
> rm $temp

I did run it but I get

List name is required
--- digest members in general.test ---
List all the members of a mailing list.

Usage: bin/list_members [options] listname

Where:

     --output file
     -o file
         Write output to specified file instead of standard out.

<snip>

Should I change:
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare` ; do

into:

for list in `bin/list_lists --LIST_NAME` ; do

Or how do I supply the list of lists?

Many thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot