[Mailman-Users] Complaining Outlook users

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Aug 2 14:49:36 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 13:30:06 +0100
"Andrew Hodgson" <andrew at hodgsonfamily.org> wrote:

> The question is: Do many listadmins get similar questions,
> and is there any merit for requesting that Mailman uses the
> list address only in the Sender header?

Not questions, but tons of missdirected mails.
We usualy resolve to teach people to use the right
mail adress instead of adding hacks for their special
case. It also gives the benefit of those users to learn
to interpret mail adresses and to be able to judge whether
the adress might be the correct one or not.

And yes, i know it's a tedious task, but leaving people
dump and trying to solve the issue with techonology is
only a band aid over a bigger problem.

				Attila Kinali

--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to