[Mailman-Users] more details on broken archiving...

Mark Heer MHeer at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 21 01:14:03 CEST 2008

I should mention that I already ran check_perms -f and the trouble remains

It appears that the archiver is not honoring the mmcfg entry:
PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'ssh -e none -i $HOME/.ssh/archkey mailman at nim.nersc.gov %(listname)s'

is there a way to manually test this routine.  The last thing done before archiver stopped working was to change a list archive from monthly to yearly - then I re-created the archive with arch --wipe.  All the old stuff is there but nothing new.

The shunting messages still appear in the log after the check_perms was run. I sent to a test list which is configured fror public archive.  It gets delivered to the members, not shunted aand not in the archives, and no error messages.