[Mailman-Users] User's Profile - "Other incoming email addresses"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 6 21:22:03 CET 2008

Kathy Gee wrote:

>Sorry for the confusion.  I am running a modified version of Mailman
>however, I read in the archives where you can use the "whitelist"?
>
>"In the meanwhile, your choices are to use the whitelist, or to have
>them subscribe multiple addresses and then set the others to be
>NOMAIL." - quote from Brad Knowles on the archives.
>
>It is this "whitelist" I am referring to as the "Other incoming email
>addresses" field.  Can you explain what this "whitelist" is?

It is Privacy options...->Sender filters->accept_these_nonmembers.

>I don't
>see it on the user's option page (referred as "user profile page" in my
>initial posting).  If it is just a field where one enters alternate
>email addresses so one can post from these alternates, my question is if
>there is a way to find these alternate email addresses entered in this
>"whitelist".

Users cannot add addresses to accept_these_nonmembers. The user's only
option in current Mailman (it will change in the future) is to
subscribe multiple addresses and set some of those to NOMAIL as
desired.

The admin can add addresses (or patterns) to accept_these_nonmembers,
and a moderator has the ability when processing a nonmember post in
the admindb interface to add the poster's address to any of the
*_these_nonmembers filters.