[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Groupwise

Adam Gabriel AGabriel at jcschools.stier.org
Mon Feb 11 23:00:41 CET 2008

>>> Carl Zwanzig <cpz at tuunq.com> 2/11/2008 11:10 AM >>>
Mailman should function with any MTA that plays by the usual SMTP rules.
OTOH, it might be easier in the long run to use postfix with mailman,
and have postfix direct everything into groupwise.  (OTOH, you won't
get the mailman aliases into the groupwise address book.)

Carl,
That's my concern... When a user sends a message to a list, it would normally find the listname in the asiases file, and pipe the mail into the /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman python script, correct?
With groupwise, the system does have its Internet Agent that does play by SMTP, but it has no concept of local users, aliases, etc. It gets its users from eDirectory, and I can't make an alias/nickname that groupwise will understands that will point to a pipe/file... only to other eDirectory (LDAP) objects

Can you elaborate on your other suggestion - have postfix direct everything into GW? Could I run it on the same box, maybe just on another port and have it function still?

Thanks - Adam