[Mailman-Users] Allowing posting to list "A" by members of list "B"?

Beau James bjames at cisco.com
Wed Feb 20 02:44:47 CET 2008

Thanks for the quick response.

--> >At the same time, we'd like to allow member of the related list
--> >still to be able to post (postings still to be moderated).  That
--> >is, we'd like the members of list "A" to be allowed to post to
--> >list "B", without registering as members of list "B".
-->
--> There is a patch at
--> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1220144&group_id=103&atid=300103>
--> which is included in the Mailman 2.1.10 base. This enables putting
--> list B in one of list A's *_these_nonmembers via the syntax @listb.
-->
--> With Mailman 2.1.10 or with the patch in prior versions, you can put
--> @listb in lista's hold_these_nonmembers to accomplish what you want.

Perfect!

--> >Any hints on how one might best accomplish this?
-->
--> It's as simple as installing the patch or upgrading to Mailman 2.1.10
--> (currently in beta with a release candidate due soon). All you need to
--> do is convince your provider to do it.<wink>

I'll take a run at that.  Even if we don't get quick satisfaction,
it's good to know that there is relief on the horizon.

Thanks again.

Beau