[Mailman-Users] Automated moderation

Richard Smits R.Smits at io.tudelft.nl
Thu Feb 21 21:31:36 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Richard Smits wrote:
>> Every day we do an import and a member_sync for a couple of lists.
>>
>> # Postings from any of these non-members will be automatically accepted
>> # with no further moderation applied.  Add member addresses one per
>> # line; start the line with a ^ character to designate a regular
>> # expression match.
>> accept_these_nonmembers =
>>
>> We have lists where people has to mail to, and which they are a member
>> of. So the [Privacy-options, accept_these_non_members] do not work....,
>> because they are a member....
>> You have to uncheck the moderate square in the member list.
>>
>> My question is : can we have 1 list of addresses which can mail to the
>> list. Now we have to make an exception for the people who are a member
>> of the list.
>>
>> (We are doing an automated script import etc... so this is an issue for us)
>

> I think the issue is you are not doing bin/sync_members to do the
> import. If you use bin/sync_members, those people who are already
> members will not have their moderation flag changed by the import.
> This does require that sync_members be given the full membership list
> each time, but if I understand correctly, that's what you're doing
> anyway.

That's right...

> I don't know what your script process is, but neither sync_members or
> add_members will change anything for an address which is already a
> member.

Also right, but we have to make a script to make the helpdesk manage a
"list or textfile" with addresses wich can mail to a list. Some people
are member of such a list, and some aren't.. so we have 2 places in the
system where we have to work.
---------
Accept from non members (non member)
Moderation flag (member)
---------
this is possible, but I was wondering if it's possible to have 1 place
for such addresses.

It would make life easier....:-)

Greetings... and thank you for the help...